End of the year medication pick up forms have been sent home with your child. If your student has medication in the nurse’s office, over the counter or prescribed, please be sure to fill out and return this form to the nurse. THE LAST DAY TO PICK UP MEDICINE IS JUNE 4th.
Are your child’s immunizations up to date?
Please bring updated shot records to the nurse especially those students entering PreK and Kindergarten in the fall. Refer to the RRISD website for information on immunization requirements for all grade levels.
Welcome to another school year! Francine Quinn, RN, will be working with your child this year at Caldwell Heights Elementary. Nurse Quinn will be here full time to work in the health office taking care of ill or injured students and dispensing medications. She will also perform health screenings, provide health teaching and be working with special needs students. We would like to take this opportunity to tell you about some of the Health Office procedures.
- A “REQUEST TO ADMINISTER MEDICATION” form must be filled out by a parent or guardian prior to school personnel administering prescription or non-prescription medications.
- Prescription labels must be dated within the last calendar year.
- Medication that is administered two or three times a day should be given at home if at all possible.
- Requests to alter dosage and frequency of medication must be accompanied by your physician’s written note stating the dosage and frequency of medication to be given.
- Directions on over-the-counter packaging will be followed unless accompanied by a signed doctor’s note.
- You will receive a Health History/Emergency form (pink) to fill out at the start of school.
- Emergency cards are required to be updated each year.
- If your child has a health problem we will be happy to set up a conference with you. Please call 428-7303.
- Please report all communicable diseases to us so that we can prevent the spread of these illnesses at school and protect those students with special health needs.
- According to the Round Rock ISD policy, children with a temperature of 100 degrees or over must be sent home from school. These students must be free of fever for at least 24 hours without the help of medication before returning to school. If your child has a temp of 100 or more please do not medicate them and send them to school.
- We will check students’ hair for lice as needed.
- Children will need to be sent home for treatment if found to have an active case.
- Please call us at 428-7303 if you suspect a problem or have questions.
- Lice letter English | Español
- Lice Information for Parents
- Vision and hearing screening is completed during the first three months of school.
- Spinal screening is completed on 5th grade students after winter break.
- Acanthosis nigricans screening is completed on 1st, 3rd and 5th grade students. This is a screening that can help determine a predisposition to Diabetes Mellitus.
- If you need assistance obtaining clothing, please stop by the Health Room to pick up a referral form. All requests are confidential.
- If you have any good, used clothes that you would like to donate, please bring them to the Health Office. The clothes will be picked up and taken to the Clothes Closet for distribution.
We look forward to working with you and your children this school year. Feel free to contact the clinic at 428-7303.